Friday, May 15, 2009

Family fun!

Whenever Mulek get the weekends off we always go somewhere with the kids (mostly so I can get out of the house) We always want to go to new places and alot of the time we spend our weekends driving around site seeing. Mulek gets an opportunity to work in a ton of different places and he usually finds some neat places to go. So a few weeks ago he was working near a park/nature walk..
So when the weekend came he thought it would be a nice place to take the kids so off we went for a drive...



We brought some bread for the ducks...




Who weren't really as interested as we thought they might be but they did get pretty close.. Kalaea kept trying to "pet" them every time they came near so they didnt stay for too long

Then we came across these little guys..
Now when we passed I saw all these holes and I thought they were chipmunks (do they even live in the ground) anyways they were all over the place under these bushes as we passed.


They weren't chipmunks they were squirells (yes I know what squirells look like but I have never seen little teeny tiny baby ones crawl out of holes in the ground) but there were big (huge) ones and they were not scared at all! This huge one came running up to Mulek and I was freaking out I mean do squarells usuall chase you? As you can see Gavin is a bit freaked out too (because the squarell came running up and I was screaming "watch out, not too close it will bite you!")


But they were nice, they just wanted the bread so we sat the kids down and put the bread right out in front of them (I did not want them taking it from their hands) and they came right up to take the bread and then ran away quickly, so I dont have the greatest pic but I did the best I could.



I could not believe that these guys would come so close especially since my kids are not the quietest kids and they dont sit still very well but no worries they didnt care..


I could have stayed and fed these guys all day but no one else was as impressed as me so we moved on... to the playground!

Glad we get to explore the "world" and find new and exciting places to take the kids we have lots of fun, Thanks Mulek for finding all our "family spots".

1 comment:

Tracy said...

How cute!!! So fun that you guys go different places! The kids will always remember these times!