Monday, June 30, 2008

SUMMER BEGINS

Kayla and Natalie came over and we decided that it would be a good idea to take the kids to the beach. We didn't realize the kids would have so much fun.
They all got in the water! Except poor Natalie who was scared.
Gavin wanted to go out far, but I was too afraid to let him get passed his knees. Every once in a while a few waves would come at the same time and then the water that was at his ankles would be at his waist. I was not about to try to save a life at 7 months pregnant in the ocean! So we made them stay close, they still had fun even though they weren't happy about my water limits.
Gavin screamed "I found a baby turtle!" so of course I run to get the camera while everyone else runs to Gavin to see what he has found. Kayla says "Are you sure?" and Gavin replies with "I saw a shell and a little tail" so they keep digging and..... FINALLY! HE FINDS WHAT HE WAS LOOKING FOR...............................


A good ol' sand crab.... So no turtle after all but they had fun digging for more after they found out how fun that was.
Kalaea was so tired.... I kept trying to get her to lay on the towel, but she wasn't having it. She wanted to lay in the nice warm sand... of course right after she got out of the ocean.
Aniya filling her juice bottle with sand


There is Zae our true surfer boy! What a cutie!

There is Gavin being the goof he is... right after being buried in the sand by the other kids

The kids putting the finishing touches on there project.... Gavin

ALL DONE!! He was supposed to be a mermaid... you can kinda see his tail

They were so exhausted.... this was only minutes after we got it the car.

Niya can't hardly keep her eyes open..

Zae and Natalie were so cute holding hands and leaning on eachother.... Priceless!

And me being the good mother that I am, Ha. Put suncreen on all the kids, but of course forgot to put it on myself and you know how white I am, I got the worst sun burn I have ever gotten. So I guess the beach is out of the question for awhile until I can heal..

2 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Those "exhausted" pictures are the greatest!

Nat and Dan said...

Your children are so cute! I can't believe how big Gavin is getting! I was looking at the the kindergarten graduation and saw Mickenzie in the picture, I can't believe they'll be in first grade! Congrats on the new baby too. Tell Kayla I love her daughter's name :)