Saturday, February 27, 2010

Birth Plan!!

I am a HUGE "birth junkie" I guess you could call it... I love to watch births and am hoping after my kids have grown up a little to become a doula and then a midwife... Some people may think I have gotten "weird" (my Brother, and probably others who aren't as brave to say it to me..haha) I just have educated my self on the matter..

Either way.. I have talked to my Midwife about "catching" my own baby this time around, since it will be my last.. She actually told me that it is a possibility in a Hospital setting ( I would love a Homebirth, but also a scardy cat, I always think something is wrong with me) So she wrote it on my charts and she also told me to write a Birth Plan so that is what I did...

BIRTH PLAN

LABOR:
Have husband present at ALL times.
Would like to avoid pain medications, and try natural methods first (please encourage these)
1. walking
2. Swaying
3. change positions (would rather not be on back)
4. massages
5. Also open to other suggestions
I do not mind having cervical exams

Monitoring
1. Whatever allows me to move freely

DELIVERY
Please encourage me to deliver in an upright position
1. Kneeling
2.Squatting
3. On "all fours"
4. use of squatting bar

Would like a "HANDS OFF" delivery
1. Push when I feel the urge to
2. Change positions as I feel
3. Catch the baby myself
I would also like a mirror available


BABY CARE
Would like delayed cord clamping/cutting until it has stopped pulsating

Please do not suction baby unless ABSOLUTELY necessary

No Pacifiers or Bottles

Baby is to stay with mom and dad at all times


That is what I came up with... If any of you think of something I may have forgot.. Please let me know!

I am so excited! 13 more weeks (which really means like 11weeks)


My pregnancy is going as good as it can, I guess. My last OB appointment shows a total weight gain of 7lbs, heartrate good, measuring right on target... but due to the little weight gain... I have to get another ultrasound for size of baby to make sure she is growing..
I am still throwing up at 27 weeks! I cant sleep at all, but I am SO tired. I have heartburn constantly! (I cant even drink, or eat without having heartburn as it goes down) the skin by my ribs feels like it is stretched to the limits.. I have a little something called SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) its when the hormones are a little higher than normal and cause the ligaments in the pubic bone and hips to relax a little too MUCH and a little too SOON... I it hurts to lay down, it hurts to sit, to get dressed, to walk, to pretty much to anything! the only thing that feels good is to sit with my legs spread as far apart as possible.. Not to lady like huh! Another thing that is too Lady like is peeing myself a few times a day.. EVERYDAY... Laughing coughing, sneezing, yelling... so if you see me "brace myself".. (holding belly and curling up) I am trying to avoid peeing my pants!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the "hold & curl"... didn't know what that meant, glad I do now so I can NOT hold back the laughing and remarks.

You're one brave lady, there's a lot on there that I would never attempt. I'm glad you know what you want, and hopefully this birth we'll go just like you want it to!!!

Anonymous said...

And ignore Jason's remarks, he's just afraid of what he doesn't and will never understand or experience. :)

Rebecca M said...

I say good for you and good luck!! I can't wait to hear how it all goes down!!

Tracy said...

Good birth plan! Good luck! I hope it all goes how you would like!!

I'd love to be able to pull out the baby and onto my belly next time. I was watching Keeping up with the Kardashians and Kourntey pulled her baby onto her! I would LOVE to be able to do that.

Good luck!!